Goals and objectives
Bharathi Krishnan, BVSc & AH
Rakesh Basavalingappa, MVSc
Hongyan Shi, PhD (sponsor: China Scholarship Council)
Rajkumar Rajasekaran, MSc., MPhil
1. Atlas of Immunology by Julius M. Cruse and Robert E. Lewis, CRC Press, 2004.
2. Basic Immunology-Function and Disorders of the Immune System by Abbas A et al., 4th edition, Elsevier Saunders, 2014.
3. Basic Veterinary Immunology by Gerald N. Callahan and Robin M. Yates, University Press of Colorado, 2014.
4. Cellular and Molecular Immunology by Abul K. Abbas, Elsevier Saunders, 2012.
5. Current Protocols in Immunology by Coligan et al., volumes 1 to 5, Wiley, 2005.
6. Elsevier’s Integrated Review, Immunology and Microbiology by Jeffrey K. Actor, 2nd edition, Elsevier, 2012.
7. Essentials of Immunology and Serology by Jacqueline Stanley, Thomson, 2002.
8. Exploring Immunology-Concepts and Evidence by Gordon Macpherson and Jon Austyn, Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
9. Fundamental Immunology by William E. Paul, 7th edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013.
10. Glycobiology of the Immune Response by Rabinovich G et al., Annual New York Academy of Sciences Vol. 1253, 2012.
11. How the Immune system Works by Lauren Sompayrac, 4th edition, Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
12. Immunology at a Glance by J. H. L. Playfair and B. M. Chain, 10th edition, Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
13. Immunology IV- Clinical Applications in Health and Disease by Joseph A. Bellanti, I Care Press, 2012.
14. Immunology-A short Course by Richard Coico and Geoffrey Sunshine, 6th edition, Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
15. Immunology-Clinical Case Studies and Disease Pathophysiology by Warren Strober and Susan R.S. Gottesman, Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
16. Immunology-Mucosal and Body Surface Defences by Andrew E. Williams, Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
17. Janeway’s Immunology by Kenneth Murphy, 8th edition, Garland Science, 2012.
18. Kuby Immunology (Kindt, Kuby Immunology) by Owen et al., 7th edition, W. H. Freeman and Company, 2013.
19. Laboratory Mouse Handbook, American Association for Laboratory Animal Science, 2006.
20. Primer to Immune Response by Mak T et al., AP cell Press, 2014.
21. Principles of Immunopharmacology by Frans P. Nijkamp and Michael J. Parnham, 3rd revised and extended edition, Springer, 2011.
22. Reproductive Immunology by Satish K. Gupta, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.
23. Roitt’s Essential immunology by Delves P et al., 11th edition, Black-well publishing, 2006.
24. Veterinary Immunology by Ian R. Tizard, 9th edition, Elsevier Saunders, 2013.
1. Current Protocols in Molecular Biology by Ausubel et al., volumes 1 to 6, Wiley, 2010.
2. Molecular Biology of the Cell by Alberts et al., reference edition (5th edition), Garland Science, 2008.
1. The Merck Veterinary Manual by Cynthia Kahn and Scott Line, 10th edition, Merck & CO, 2010.
2. Veterinary Medicine by Radostits et al., 10th edition, Saunders, 2007.
1. Structural and functional characterization of novel mimicry epitopes as potential triggers of multiple sclerosis and heart autoimmunity by Chandirasegaran Massilamany, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2013.
2. Delineating autoimmunity in infectious myocarditis and uveoretinitis by Arunakumar Gangaplara, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2013.
3. Cellular mechanisms of dihydrotestosterone in autoreactive T cells by Ting Jia, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2016.
1. Annual Review of Immunology
2. Autoimmunity Reviews
4. BMC Immunology
6. Cellular & Molecular Immunology
7. Cellular Immunology
9. Circulation Research
10. Clinical Immunology
11. Critical Reviews in Immunology
12. Current Opinion in Immunology
13. Current Opinion in Rheumatology
14. Current Protocols in Immunology
16. European Journal of Immunology
17. Frontiers in Immunology
19. Immunological Reviews
21. Immunology and Cell Biology
22. Infection and Immunity
23. International Journal of Cardiology
24. International Immunology
25. The Journal of Allergy and Immunology
26. Journal of Autoimmunity
27. Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research
28. Journal of Experimental Medicine
29. Journal of Immunological Methods
30. Journal of Immunology
31. Journal of Leukocyte Biology
32. Journal of Molecular Immunology
33. Mucosal Immunology
35. Nature Immunology
36. Nature Medicine
37. Nature Reviews Immunology
38. The New England Journal of Medicine
39. PLoS One
41. Trends in Immunology
2. American Association for Immunology
3. European Federation of Immunology Society
5. Gordon Research Conferences
6. International Cytokine and Interferon Society
7. International Immunological Society
8. Keystone Symposia
2. Academic Scientists at Work by Jeremy M. Boss and Susan H. Eckert, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2003.
3. At the Helm-A laboratory Navigator by Kathy Barker, CSHL Press, 2002.
4. Carrier Planning for Research Bioscientists by Sarah Blackford, Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
5. Essential Laboratory Skills for Biosciences by M.S. Meah and E. Kebede-Westhead, Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
6. Evidence Based Medicine Toolkit by Carl Heneghan and Douglas Badenoch, 2nd edition, Blackwell Publishing, 2006.
7. Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals by National Research Council, National Academy Press, 1996.
8. How Learning Works-7 Research-Based principles for Smart Teaching by Ambrose A et al., Jossey-Bass, 2010.
9. How to Succeed at the Medical Interview by Chris Smith and Darryl Meeking, 2nd edition, Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
10. How to Teach Continuing Medical Education by Mike Davis and Kirsty Forrest, Wiley-Blackwell, 2008.
11. How to Write and Publish a Scientific Paper by Robert Day and Barbara Gastel, 7th edition, Cambridge University Press, 2012.
12. Leadership Secrets from the Executive Office by George Hathaway, MJF books, 2009.
13. Making Teaching and Learning Visible by Bernstein D et al., Anker Publishing Company, 2006.
14. Making the Right Moves-A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty by Burroughs Wellcome Fund and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 2006.
15. Mastering Scientific Writing by Robert F. Kahrs, Infinity Publishing, 2008.
16. Medical Writing-A Guide for Clinicians, Educators and Researchers by Robert B. Taylor, 2nd edition, Springer, 2011.
17. Powerful Writing Skills by Richard Andersen, Fall River Press, 2001.
18. Presentation Skills for Scientists by Edward Zandars and Lindsay MacLeod, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
19. Science Communication by Laura Bowater and Kay Yeoman, Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
20. Statistics Toolkit by Perera R et al., Blackwell Publishing, 2008.
21. Taking Science to the People by Carolyn Johnsen, University of Nebraska Press, 2010.
22. The Little Red Writing Book by Brandon Royal, Writer’s Digest Books, 2009.